Ford Transit Cutaway and Cab Chassis
Wide range of applications with easy and cost-efficient upfitting.
- Cutaway with convenient direct cab-to-body access for applications such as ambulance service and motorhomes
- Chassis Cab accommodating custom delivery body, utility box and flatbed upfits
- Easy, cost-efficient upfitting with features such as multiple body upfit mounts and prewired harness; fuel/DEF filler door located in the cab behind the driver’s door (also provides added security)
WHEELBASES AND TYPICAL BODY LENGTHS
Multiple wheelbases offer a variety of choices.
- Chassis Cab and Cutaway: 138-, 156- and 178-in. wheelbases accommodating a wide range of body types and sizes
- Typical body lengths: 10 – 12 ft. (138-in. wheelbase); 13 – 15 ft. (156-in. wheelbase); 16 – 18 ft. (178-in. wheelbase)
The unique foundation of Transit Cutaway and Chassis Cab models.
- Innovative uniladder structure combines the cab with a durable girder frame
- Fully welded platform underlies the cab, with frame rails reaching from the front to the rear bumper mounts
- For increased adaptability, standard frame rail extension adapters allow an upfitted body to accommodate additional cargo through extended length
Responsive standard V6 performance.
- Responsive performance: 275 horsepower; 260 lb.-ft. of torque
- Twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT) technology for performance across the entire power band
- CNG/Propane Gaseous Engine Prep Package available for conversion to compressed natural gas (CNG) or propane autogas
3.2L I-5 POWER STROKE® TURBO DIESEL
Proven third-generation diesel performance, ruggedness and dependability.
- In-line 5-cylinder turbo diesel engineered for severe-duty service
- Precise direct injection
- On-demand turbocharged performance: 185 horsepower; 350 lb.-ft. of torque
- B20-capable: 80 percent diesel/20 percent biodiesel fuel
- Optional manual regen initiation (with or without active regen inhibitor)